Monday, January 04, 2010

Back to Normal. Well, Our Version of Normal

After 17 days off the kids go back to school today and Michael has already left for the office.  We all do so much better on a set schedule.  Going to bed and getting up at the same time every day keeps us all on an even keel.  I know Michael really enjoys his days off and I enjoy having him home.........for a little while. LOL  I joke and tell him he is not ever allowed to retire.  He'll just have to find more college classes to teach or  a good time-consuming hobby.

For the last couple of years, since Davis has been in school full time, I've gotten into a routine at home. After taking the kids to school I come home and turn on the Apple TV.  I don't watch tv but I use the Apple TV to listen to my itunes library that's on my desktop back in my office.  I do it through the tv so I can take advantage of Michael's really nice sound system.  Michael and the kids love to have the tv on every waking moment.  There is NOTHING on during the daytime.

So, today we're back to normal and in just a few minutes time I'll go drag the kiddos out of bed so they can get their school uniforms on and have some breakfast.  I imagine I'm literally going to have to drag them too.  really

So, will take them to school and come home.  Apple TV, some laundry, some cleaning, eating healthy today, and at some point 30 minutes of exercise.  I'll feel sane again just getting back into our regular "normal" schedule.

No comments: