Sunday, January 24, 2010

Meniscus?

Seriously, who makes up these medical terms? LOL

Ok so after 11 days of trying to "power through" the pain in my knee, I went to see my family Dr.  She suspects a torn meniscus and I have an appointment on the 27th with an orthopedic surgeon.  Fun Fun. I'm not worried about surgery if I have to have it.  Surgery has never really bothered me too much.  I think I'm missing half of my organs already.  Ok that was a bit of an exaggeration.  Missing my tonsils, gallbladder, and half my thyroid.   And it's funny but seems like I had one other thing removed LOL but I don't recall what it was.  Good grief, for all my memory is worth it might have been my frontal lobe! LOL  I'll have to ask Michael.

Anyway, I'm more worried about recovery.  I am SO ready to start running again.  I've been anxious to run with my new lungs (no, not surgery...I just quit smoking 9mths ago). I'm just curious how long the recovery will be and when my knee will be back to 100%.

I guess I'll find out Wednesday.

No comments: