Wednesday, December 09, 2009

A Non-Snow Snow Day

This morning all at the exact same time, my home phone rang, my cell phone rang, my cell phone received a text, and I received an email.  All of these to tell me that the kids' school was cancelled today.  They're  nothing if not thorough in their effort to contact parents!

Oh well.  We were running late anyway.  Davis decided to get back in the shower/tub to play and Rylie watched tv.  I climbed back in to bed for a few minutes even though I had had coffee.  I got a new CD and I thought that was a good time to check it out.  Why is it the most vivid dreams we have are those when we are catnapping etc?  weird.

Today was the second time that David Crowder was in my dreams.  It was exactly the same scenario as before.  I've taken the kids to school and am turning in to my neighborhood....David Crowder is turning out of my neighborhood in a Jeep that matches mine perfectly except he has his logo on the back window AND he's pulling a boat.  What is up with that?  Twice like a week apart.

So, no school, weird dreams and no snow.  Well ok a little snow fell but nothing stuck.  No reason the kiddos couldn't have gone to school.  My opinion of course but mine is the one that counts since it isn't their headmaster who has to stay home with them!
They were loud and they fought.  Rylie decided to clean a little.  All three of us danced and sang with Miley Cyrus singing Party in the USA. I'm sorry, but that song is pretty dang upbeat and easy to clean to!

I let the kids go out and play in the freezing sleet.  I replied "NO!" when one of them popped their head in the door and asked "Does purple fingers mean I have a frost bite?".  I love it that my kids are tough Kansas kids who deal fine with a little cold!
Maybe tomorrow there will be real snow.  If not, kids are off to school and I'm still hoping to get in to the dr. for my bp.  joy

Blessings!

No comments: