Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Lazy With No Dreams

That was me.  I've been lazy with no dreams for quite a while.  Years even.

I used to wake up, take the kids to school and then fall asleep in my chair around 10am.  In the evening after dinner I would try to fall asleep in my chair while we were watching television. Twice I dozed off while talking on the phone to my daughter.   If given the opportunity I'm sure I could have slept around the clock.  I'm not sure when the dreams stopped.  I'm pretty sure it was a gradual thing.  No happy dreams, weird dreams or even nightmares.


Why?  Obstructive Sleep Apnea

I snored.  Evidently it was pretty loud because family members could hear me no matter their location in the house.  Michael said he could even still hear me during his  morning shower!  I also would wake up several times in the middle of the night.

So, two sleep studies later and I have a magical machine next to my bed.  It's not pretty.  It has a long tube and a full face mask.  But now I don't stop breathing during the night.  Michael said I used to snore, gasp and struggle to breathe during the night.  Now he says it's nice and quiet.

So, now I'm sleeping during the night and I haven't wanted/needed to take a nap at all during the day!   And because I'm finally falling into a deeper sleep, I'm dreaming again.  Weird.

No comments: